In this debut album I go back to my musical roots as a keyboarder and composer. Since "Adam" also means "earthling" it has a very primordial meaning to me. As humans we have the important ability to feel, and to emphasise this point I chose adjectives as song titles. Ironically, most of the sounds I used are electronic and synthesized. It gave me great pleasure to try myself out and use some progressive musical elements on this album.
1. Gratified - 3:46
2. Eagerly - 3:55
3. Digressive - 3:32
4. Brisk - 2:53
5. Wistful - 4:48
6. Heavenly - 4:10
7. Spectral - 3:52
8. Modest - 3:56
9. Unrewarded - 4:56
10. Embraced - 4:30
11. Upright - 4:23
12. Nonpareil - 3:47
13. Perpetual - 4:39
14. Clearly - 3:59
15. Impartial - 4:12
Creating images by musical means has always been something I liked a lot, and so the idea for "Metatraveller" was born.
On this album I entered rather unfamiliar terrain, particularly the area of "World Music". Therefore I used in the Western world widely unknown instruments and percussions, as well as nature sounds.
I had the great privilege of working together with my brother and SoundDiary member Hannes Pichlmann ("Assertiveness Plateau": acoustic guitar) and Dejan Mandic (Mixdown and Mastering at Schallrausch-Studios Vienna) on this production.
1. Hill Moor Of Yearning - 3:51
2. River Delta Of Transience - 4:36
3. Encounter Pasture - 4:25
4. Fragility Glacier - 5:11
5. Mountain Lake Of Renewal - 4:39
6. Sand Cave Of Seclusion - 6:41
7. Dry Steppe Of Damp - 5:03
8. Stone Desert Of Rancour - 4:36
9. Deciduous Forest Of Easing - 4:06
10. Gentle Hill Of Charity - 3:42
11. Wide River Of Phlegm - 6:04
12. Assertiveness Plateau - 4:33
AIRS OF SOBERIA
On this third solo album I use spoken texts for the first time. They were created with Text-To-Speech conversion, so I could use different male and female voices for different passages.
In brief, the album addresses my personal struggle against alcohol addiction, but also the general problem with addiction itself. As I am neither a psychologist nor a physician, I can only do this in an autobiographical way. The album represents a collection of thoughts, successes and setbacks, and is roughly divided into two parts ("before" and "after" the addiction). Of course in reality it is not appropriate to draw this distinct line, because the danger of a relapse is always there.
I would like to dedicate this album to my late uncle and all the freedom seekers out there.
1. To Choose The Booze - 3:47
2. Deep Affection For Deflection - 4:55
3. A Trap Door On The Brick Floor - 3:37
4. No Hope Down The Rope - 4:03
5. Vanity Blocks Unity - 4:11
6. Through Swamps I Stride ... - 4:54
7. The Oppression Of Progression - 4:51
8. The Betrayer's Silent Prayer - 4:37
9. The Twisting Of Compersion - 4:13
10. Happiness Of Simpleness - 3:13
11. Fearless With Clearness - 3:43
12. My True Love Dwells Above - 5:30
Copyright © maleFritz (2017 - 2021)